Health & Safety Management
It is the Company’s policy that its operations shall be conducted in such a way as to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety, and welfare of its employees, subcontractors and any other person who may be affected by its operations e.g. members of the public… This policy will be actively pursued by the Directors and Managers.
The Company requires that a high standard of safety, health and welfare shall be achieved and consistently maintained both on-site and at the Company’s offices.
It is imperative that every employee familiarises him or herself with the content of this policy. Its effectiveness can only come from the combined efforts of us all. We expect every employee to give their full commitment to this policy.
The Company acknowledges the fact that safety and operational efficiency are complementary and that the use of safe working practices and accident prevention techniques are a most important responsibility of management.
The requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and all legislation relevant thereto shall be regarded as the minimum standard of health, safety, and welfare to be achieved. The company also accepts that our activities should not have an adverse impact on the environment.
It is the intent of Compressed Air Solutions Ltd to ensure safe and healthy working conditions for our employees through the provision of:
- Safe plant and equipment that is adequately maintained;
- Developing, and working with, safe systems of work;
- Safe access and egress and safe places of work whether on our own premises are at the site;
- Safe use, handling, storage, transport and means of disposal of all articles and substances;
- A safe working environment;
- Adequate information, instruction, training, and supervision.
This company will allocate sufficient resources to enable the Policy to function effectively. An annual review shall be conducted to determine the resources required to implement this policy. Planning and organising is an ongoing activity within the business. Our procedures are continually reviewed in order to ensure continuous improvements to our procedures and performance. The reviews shall identify the human and financial resources required to implement our policy.
Protective clothing and equipment shall be made available to employees, and shall be used by all employees when the nature of the work being carried out requires the use of such protective gear in the interests of health and safety. PPE shall only be used as a workplace precaution and as the last resort.
All employees shall be encouraged to submit suggestions and ideas for improving the general standards of health, safety, and welfare. Support, consultation and cooperation shall also be sought form clients and subcontractors through regular contact on health and safety issues.
Employees have a duty under Section (7) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to take reasonable care for their own safety and the safety of any other person who may be affected by their acts or omissions and also to cooperate with the Company in its arrangements to perform or comply with statutory safety obligations which include adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy.
All employees, regardless of status, found to be deliberately and consistently negligent in their performance of the Company’s Policy on Health, Safety and Welfare may be subject to instant dismissal.
This Policy will be reviewed annually or revised and updated when new legislation or guidance is introduced. The Policy will also be reviewed/revised following any substantial changes in nature.
- Absence Policy October 2021
- Anti Bribery and Corruption Policy October 2021
- Safe Driving Policy 2020
- Backup and IT Security March 2019.doc
- Carbon Emissions Reduction Policy 2022
- Corporate Criminal Offence Policy October 2021
- Corporate Social Responsibility Policy 2021
- CE Marking and Construction Product Regulations Policy
- Data Protection Policy July 2021
- Drugs and Alcohol Policy October 2021
- Equality Policy July 2021
- Fire Evacuation Emergency Procedures October 2020
- Fire Safety Policy June 2017
- Lone Working Policy October 2021
- Mental Wellbeing Policy Dec 2021
- Modern Slavery Policy October 2021
- Policy for the Disposal of Hazardous Waste Feb 2022
- Policy for the Selection and Management of Sub Contractors
- RPE Policy March 2018
- Risk Management Policy July 2021
- Safe Driving Policy 2020
- Safety Policy October 2021
- Sustainability Policy June 2021
- Use of Mobile Phone Policy June 2021